Located under an iconic Krabi cliff, ANANA Ecological Resort is the lifelong dream for owner Wolfgang Grimm.
We are confident you will enjoy the beautiful environment, atmosphere, and charming character ANANA has to offer, just as much as we loved creating it.
THE MAN BEHIND ANANA
Inspired by Thai culture and nature and with a lifetime in the hospitality industry, ANANA Ecological Resort is a culmination of Wolfgang Grimm’s lifetime—a Green Globe Certified, ecological concept resort that has brought a breath of fresh air to AoNang Krabi, Thailand.
Wolfgang, a third generation son of a German hoteliers family, has 50 years experience in hospitality with 25 of those in senior management assignments at InterContinental Hotels throughout Europe, Asia, and Australia.
Career highlights include:
- General Manager of Intercontinental Sydney for 8 years where he made significant
contributions to Australian hospitality.
- Chairman of the Australian Hotels Association NSW and Tourism NSW. Here he was the
catalyst for new directions in Australian tourism. This position and leadership led to his appointment to the Sydney Olympic Bid Committee, which resulted in the 2000 Olympic Games.
- His passion for integrated dual education led to the creation of the InterContinental Hotel School Sydney, which is now part of Southern Cross University awarding BA degrees in hotel management. To this day he is a Fellow of Southern Cross University Lismore.
- As Regional Vice President of Operations at InterContinental Hotels AustralAsia and General Manager of the Grand InterContinental Seoul, he oversaw the building and opening of Coex InterContinental in the Korea World Trade Center complex and project managed the creation of InterContinental Chongqing, China.
- Finally, his leadership in tourism, education, environment, and community was recognised with an AM Order of Australia.
In 2002 Grimm retired from InterContinental and moved to Sydney to manage his Hunter Valley vineyard property. While back in Australia, his advisory positions for Roche Group Hunter Valley and THL Hotels Australia operating urban hotels, resorts, and lodges in Australia/NZ, Asia Pacific, and Europe led to an invitation to be the owner representative and Vice President of Aonang Cliff Beach Resort, Crown Lanta Resort & Spa, and Alisea Boutique Hotel and Pool villas in Southern Thailand. During his tenure at these properties, two achievedTripAdvisor Hall of Fame status and lead to the hotels becoming part of the MinorGroup, with AVANI branding.
Grimm’s passion for sustainable tourism was apparent with the opening of the Andamana Nature Beach in 2013. He has since grown this idea and passion into a ANANA’s own Permaculture Art Farm, opposite the resort—contributing in part to the hotel’s Green Globe certification.
In the short time period since the ANANA’s opening, December 2018, the property has garnered high reviews and has been recognized as a leading hotel in Krabi province.
Grimm’s ecological approach to sustainable hospitality will hopefully encourage fellow hotel owners to consider and implement similar, earth friendly initiatives.
We look forward to welcoming you to our slice of paradise.
For more on what it’s like to stay with us, visit our Press & Reviews page for an inside look.